Sunday, October 30, 2011

Death - The ultimate enemy?

I keep coming back to my blog, even when i am sad, for this is where i think i am more 'me'. A hell lot of emotions are going through my mind today and sorry if this write up does not make sense to you.

My uncle died yesterday night, probably due to a massive heart attack. He was my "gnana thagapan" (A title given to three senior people in a family for each child born to guide the parents in growing the child). The death was a real shock to the entire family as he was doing well of late. But these things happen, i presume! Life moves on Sam, I told myself.

 Just two days before he was talking to me over phone;I never thought that would be my last conversation with him. My mom was pulling his legs saying we should see another bride for him as he looked trim and had cycled his way home. Even as my family mourns and conducts his last rites, I am sitting here in another part of the country thinking about him, all that he did for us, all that he asked us to do for him, his funny antics and every other thing! Well, finally, everything goes out for a toss, when man lay down in that casket.

He was planning on a family tour, had planned to buy some land, and had planned to cook some dry fish the last day! But, everything came to a standstill yesterday. Well, all our planning, will also be put in to that same casket i think. Is this it? Is this all there is to life? Probably there will be another bright day, when all will be forgotten and our pace of life will catch up to us. Once a year, that too, for some time, we might remember him, but then? Does that mean, man finally had to lose to death, the ultimate enemy?

No, my mind refuse to accept defeat. There is hope. There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. May be, we might all meet in heaven at last. What a joy that would be to meet mama and listen to his stories. Yes! there is hope; Death cannot be the end; Death can be and will be conquered. Not through science though, but by that divine hope!

Rest In Peace, mama! we will all meet you there.

4 comments:

Jonath Backia Seelan said...

You are right man. If there is no hope, i can't be living for more than a year without my dad. After my dad passed away, my hope on the eternal life grew very stronger that i have to meet my dad. So don't worry. As this song points out

"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be.."
- Jonath

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

@ Jonath annan : I remember talking to your dad for a long time annan. We were laughing like anything. Hope, the laughing and the singing will much more there than it is here:)

Udhay said...

I am so sorry about your uncle, Sam. In fact I saw him cycling a day before he departed. MRIP!

Well, lets move on... What is the hope you are talking about, Sam? What assures there is something heaven and you / I will reach it? After death we are all just discharged and drained batteries, Sam. Don't take me wrong that I say against your point. I still support you that death is not our ultimate enemy. There are people who have conquered death... Gandhi, Einstein, Teresa etc. No proof that they are in heaven or not. So it's just obvious that your deeds decide either you defeat death or you are thwarted by death!

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

@ Udhay: The assurance comes from the hope that there has to be a reason, a start and an end to the world and it cannot be just the random collocation of atoms going on to the mud after death. My mind refuses to accept that there is no reason behind all our actions, and the other thing is the concept of morality. If there is no morality in this world then probably we might not have heaven and hell, but the morality which we have now, cannot be denied and should have an origin.

These are my hopes: and BTW why should i take u wrong, we have been fighting in this topic from the day we knew each other.ha ha ha