Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dearest pa

Appa, that word gives a buzz in our ears no! well, in mine it does.  Over the years, me and my appa has shared an exciting relationship. From the day i ever touched him, to this day he has been my best friend. Of course, there have been many other best friends, but, not to many i would phone up daily and talk for hours. No, not any! So naturally, daddy has been special.

Perhaps, we both are too alike. Both of us had been extremely cool, calm and collected (should i use the word lazy) and had been extremely crazy at times. What am i saying! we still are. He was the one who said "Go along" , when i made that cranky decision to quit cognizant and went on a pilgrimage to Assam. Probably, he knew, even otherwise i would have gone. yet, that said, whatever happens, he will be there with me. And, stood with me, he did! as a rock, when i made the worldly brilliant decision to prepare for civil service.

When i look back, through my tumultuous school life and a sage like sane college life, his support has been amazing. His support has been absolute, no questions asked! if that is what i thought it is, that is what i would do! Yes, the underlying principle has always been, my responsibility. Yet, decisions which back fired, always had had him standing there, holding me.

Love you dad, i would say! for loving me (Now, that is a cliche), for being my best friend, for the support, guidance, for whatever! but, love you more, for helping me learn lessons, my way!

No comments: