Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple's never die

Do you know the three apple's which has changed the way we live? Well, of course, the apple which Eve ate that day changed how humans live, forever. The second one was, rather an accidental one. The apple, which fell on Isaac Newton's head! Have you heard that story? Who would not have? The second one changed some lives as well, at least those who have read about a word called "gravitation".  The third had to be, Steve Jobs, Apple!

When i was a small boy, I knew only the first two. The first one, from my Sunday school days and Isaac Newton's one from my physics teacher. I never knew a third apple existed, until one day my friend showed me a sleek, white, product which he called the Ipod. We both listened to some songs from that and of course, i loved it! who will not? My pockets, rather my dad's pockets being small, could not afford me one, but Ipod always had a place in my heart. So much so, that when i bought an Mp3 player, i called that my Ipod.

Then came the I-phone; The non-techie i am, could not unravel all the mysteries in that phone (I still am a Nokia guy), yet, the day i touched my friends phone gave me goose bumps. Then i heard from another friend of mine, about the i- tunes. What an idea ji, i thought!

Finally, after coming to work, i got a chance to work with one of the "i" products. I-Mac, with a snow leapord OS and 8 GB of ram and an i7 processor. What an experience, it was! Hurray! even i have worked with an "i" product, rather, an "Apple" product.

Hats off, Steve Jobs. I am not a techie, I am rarely attracted by machines. " I am a people person", i always boast. you made me, even me, feel the "techie delight".

Hope your Apple remain in the "Apples that changed the world" category. At least in my mind, it will. Rest in Peace.


3 comments:

Dinesh Abraham said...

Taking time to point out that giving complete credit for 6 products to ONE single person is not reasonable. True he was a great CEO but there are 100's of people who actually designed/programmed/built the ipod's and everything else. Steve was not a programmer neither a designer, he was a great CEO and an excellent marketer. Lets give credit to only what he is :) Nice blog btw :)

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

True, I agree. There should have been 100s of people who actually designed/programmed/built the ipod's and everything else. But, the personality he is, which brought the company which was floundering when he took over,is what makes him great. Thanks.

G.S. Muthu said...

True da Sam !! Steve Jobs Apple is really in my mind as one that changed the world !!

They will truly give us 'techie delight'