Thursday, November 3, 2011

Life's beautiful changes

Right, here we go! Most of my friends know that I am big Otta Vaai (A person who can't keep a secret to himself). Today two of my closest friends Benny and Udhaya are celebrating their birthday and in my excitement told them that i am going to write about them here. This adds to the pressure, you see!

Love you guys; hearty wishes.

Benny is my childhood friend. I know him from my early school days and we both studied together from class 6 -12. We both did a crazy car journey from Delhi to Sivakasi together, played together in many cricket teams and conducted umpteen programmes in church together. You can see the word together repeating itself so many times, don't you? we are that close!But, Benny was the loner. He even used to play cricket by himself. He had such a short temper that even i sometimes had been afraid of going near him. He went through some tough times in college that i was often afraid he would go in to depression. He was the strict disciplinarian and sometimes that was scary.

Well, Udhaya studied with me in College.He was with me day in and day out in those college days. We sat in the same bench, fought, laughed, played, talked and some times even studied together. So many days he stayed with me in our house.He was the eternal loud mouth. He had oral diarohea. He can talk non stop on any non sense at any time to anybody.  He had so many friends that it is almost impossible to count them. Then, he had this disease. He was afraid of girls. Till his college days he has never spoken to a girl and this always hurt him. He has pleaded many times to give girl friend introductions; Yet this loudmouth never got one, I thought.

Today, when i called up Benny to wish him, he was in Ponnuchamy, having treat with his girl friends (Friends who are girls). He is the College hero now, so much so that the entire community of friends bought him a big cake with his face drawn on it. He keeps texting these days and are always surrounded by friends. Benny! celebrating birthday with friends, most of the them girls?

When i called up Udhaya he was in his home in Pune, serenely made up by his wife Devi. Did i tell you it was a love marriage? He texted me saying that he is having Sambar saadham and rasam for lunch. Yes! of course he had the snake guards as side dishes.Udhaya! celebrating birthday like a saint?

How life has changed. I love the youthful exuberance in Benny brought about by his friends and the Sage like sanity brought about in Udhaya by his brilliant wife. I had never dreamt these changes will take place in their lives. I think both of them will agree as well!

 Life's changes! Aren't they beautiful?



7 comments:

Josh said...

thats so lovely!! Refreshing your memories n writin about it really cool:) convey my wishes to them bro!!

sofi said...

mmmm yea life seems beautiful wen u see it in a beautiful way....but then....u should not forget that is not as beautiful as it seems ...it keeps changing all the time...no exceptions ... everything and every one around u :-(

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

@Josh : Thanks da.

@ Sofi: Philosophy madam?

BENNY said...

ha ha ha :) da so sweet of u m friend..they way u put down ur thoughts n memories in words is superb!.yeah life s changing beutifully...

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

@ Benny : Thanks Benny. U ve been a blessing in my life

Udhay said...

"He texted me saying that he is having Sambar saadham and rasam for lunch"
Dai... Unnaya nambi oru SMS anupinaa ipdiya da ooruke solluva!!! x-(

Anyway your blog is super da... I never thought you had such a good writer in you....

Samuel Gnanadurai said...

@ udhay : Athellam athuva varuthu boss:) and i never expected ur birthday to be like dat da.

Hats off Devi. Hats off. Not many people could ve done this. I think i know dis guy quite well to make this comment