Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My mom

Sam di chellam, is the first word heard when i call my mom. Love drips along her words. As is with mom's, my mom has given her everything to us. Every bit of thing. It seems she went to some church to ask God for me and got me, or some story like that. That is why she has named me "Sam".

Ma, is the typical south Indian village woman. No! she came from a village called Madras. Since, she married this crazy man (my father, of course), she has grown by leaps and bounds. She has learnt to talk in a phone, learnt to travel alone, operate television on her own, learning to cross the road, and of course she has learnt to live with him. All these are difficult things by her standards!

 Me and mom are poles apart, or probably planets apart. yes, they say, i resemble her, i stole her smile and all that; yet, i think, i am more of my dad than my mom. At least i think so; But, for her loving is so much that difference don't matter. She does not travel much, but has never said no to me, even, when the travel had risks with it. She is strictly vegetarian, but just because i love eating non vegetarian, she cooks them without even a tinge of emotion in killing them. And, did i tel you? she is an excellent cook!

I tried many words to explain ma. Wrote a sentence, overturned it, rewrote it and finally deleted it. Words are too complex to speak about her I think. She is too simple for all these words. Love, is all she is, and has been.Period.

Love you ma! for giving your everything, for listening to all my non sense, for allowing me do them, for...........But above all for those " Sam di chellams" I long for whenever I call you.


No comments: