Saturday, October 22, 2011

Father's eyes

I love the song "Father's eyes" by Amy Grant. Those of you, who have not heard Grant before, please do. She has been referred to as the "Queen of christian pop", and remains the best selling contemporary christian singer ever.


"Father's eyes" is one of Amy's best songs. I love the lyrics, so also the music. There is something in that song, which make me hear it one more time; May be, those words "father eyes" has that pull.


The words goes like this

"Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain
Knowing what you're going through, and feelin' it the same"


The father's eyes had it all; The good, the compassion, that sense of knowing what you are going through. My eyes, do they have it all? I wish I have them!

My father's eyes.


No comments: