Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chasing the wind

What do people get for all their hard work in lives. What do they chase? should it be "WE"? The sun rises and the sun sets, hurriedly it goes back to rise again. The wind blows north, then south, then north again. Round and round it goes. Saturdays and Sundays come, and they come all over again. Nothing is new in itself. Every new thing is old thing happening to new people, said a scholar. Was not he spot on?

Back to the chase. I was wondering what on earth are we chasing? Money? power? a journey on a airbus? or probably to another country? Are they all that is! Now, I have given up trying to find out the meaning of life in vestiges of words long back. Still, the turmoil i feel? I still am going to fight every bit of what it throws at me. But, the chase has never left me.

Of course, there was another life I lived. Where probably I was more me. I laughed, read every book there, wrote, wrote and wrote, went around to catch the lighted insects (or whatever), listened to loud silence, played horrible guitar, climbed dark hillocks, sang loud, watched rain drops forming patterns, chat with kids all day long!I gave it all up, probably to be that, what people define  as "success".

But, probably life is all about change. Some good, some great, some i'd not wish upon anyone, but change nonetheless. The memories are great. Some times, that is what make life more beautiful. What do we chase? the question still haunts. I don't have an answer. Possibly, there is no one answer! I don't want there to be an answer either.

2 comments:

Thanga said...

I beleive we chase things as per Maslow's theory...if u find u r self out of it ,then u most be a real saint or a crazy person!!

Thanga said...

beyond the question of asking what r v chasing..it will b worth asking the question y r v chasing?..Reason may b lack of self realisation...and lack of understanding oneself!!v just like to compete with our neighbours and bother 2 much about others than ourself!!