Monday, September 1, 2014

Ma, remembered you on your bday!

So ma, I remembered you today. In fact, every passing day I have some remembrances of you. You played such a huge part in our lives for us to move on in life so easily. In fact, so many things have happened in the last month, yet you are a constant presence in our thoughts. You really are!

I remembered those early morning calls I make every single day, and those beautiful "Sam di chellam" you answer those calls with! I remembered those late night calls I make, when after slogging for nearly 12-14 hours you always had the time and energy to talk about everything that happened through the day.

Ma, do you know chithi got transfered? I remembered you, when she got that news. I know how badly you wanted her to get that transfer. I just thought for a moment how happy you would have been, had you been around when she got that news.

Ma, I went to an empty lifeless home last week! No, it had a lot of people as usual. There was a lot of love and affection. But, the emptiness of that house was palpable. Everybody was excited that I'm home, yet nobody could just be as excited as you were during those times I came home. At least a week before I came home your excitement started. I remembered how you used to call me just to tell what all you planned to cook when I am home. Ma, I missed those good bye's filled with kisses whenever I start back from home.

Ma, I really don't know why I should write all this here! I wish, I could just call you and tell all these.

Anyways, happy birthday! Love you so much.


No comments: