Tuesday, August 26, 2014

You are better people, docs!

So, I understand the doctors are unhappy. They have been wronged by the insensitive media (Read Gopinath - from the famous neeya naana show). I did not see the show myself, but from whatever I have read about the show so far written by the docs,the docs think, they have been wrongly portrayed by the media to increase its TRP ratings.

I agree, the media is a shame. And it has to be put in its place. They can't do everything for the stupid TRP ratings. The media may also have had hidden interests behind shows like these. They can go to any extent,these media guys. After all, they are show men, with the primary aim to entertain.

But hold on docs; hold on! So if you are gonna show the black flag and claim innocence do you think the public will regain its confidence in you?

My last few encounters with the docs are here, and tell me why I should believe the medical community! I have had a hospital keep a dead body of a patient, a friend of mine, for almost 12 hours without informing us and tried to get money; The same week when the controversial show "neeya naana" was played, some docs were caught on camera being bribed by the pharmaceutical company impersonations and a young medical graduate defended getting cuts from the pharmaceutical companies;  Last week my mom's insurance money from IMA(Indian Medical Association) came with a request for a cut; A few months ago, I heard one physician say how a doctor has placed a stent in the heart without a block (pardon, if my technical details are wrong, I'm a non medico). And all this happened within the last year.

Now, don't get me wrong! I'm not here to bash you docs. My parents (both of them),fiancee, brother, sister and lot of close friends are doctors. And I have huge regards for them. I worked under a man, who has sacrificed the comforts of a huge pay and city life to work among the neglected community in an interior village in Assam. I know how hard some of my friends work, and how much they sacrifice for the sake of the patients. I really understand, that life for you is very difficult with the demanding patients, and the more educated people. 

But, why the big hue and a cry now? For all its worth, it has made you lesser people. You were and still are better than fighting a moron, who is selling news for money. If you want to win back the trust, look inside. There is rot in your system, as it is everywhere. By taking a high moral ground and shouting hoax, you are losing your respect.

People need you, and for that they respect you. Live honest, clean lives and you will be treated as God's. I saw my mom was almost deified when she died, for just being simple and honest. 

And don't throw stones in the gutter, it will splash all over you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super da...samma...

Vinoth said...

To be a doc, u really need a minimal range of IQ.. When u sell MBBS seats, don't expect service from them.. Obviously the standard of health care comes down.. Errors/ poor treatment/ wrong diagnosis/ doctor shopping/ unreal expectation/ doubting patients/ all can be attributed to increase in private medical colleges..TN has 13 govt med college , but 40 pvt med colleg - opened in 10 years.. (Approx).. Now tel me why shouldn't this crisis occur..exceptions shud not be quoted as examples!!!