Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What you want them to do, you do!

So when you have lovely cousins, you end up having nice luncheons. That is why I love my cousins. Only for Food!

It was one such day. I was in the library when my cousin 'L' called. "Sam, where are you" was the question, and immediately I knew she was around in Chennai. And half an hour later we were together looking for a place to eat. She had brought another cousin of her 'R' with her two children. So the five of us, three adults and 2 kids in their pre teens decided we will go to Liu Waldorf.

As soon as we took the left to enter the parking lot, we found out a Merc has blocked our way. So I got down and asked the hotel guy to help us with our parking. He came out, saw the merc and said, "please park the car outside sir". Now, bang outside the hotel's parking lot the police have put a big "NO PARKING" sign; and here he is, asking us to park there, right beneath the sign. I asked him again whether there won't be any problem. He said he will take care if the police comes.

Now, my wisdom said the peak of chennai's summer afternoon will keep the policemen inside their offices and they won't come visiting us. So I signalled the cousin who is driving, to park there; right under the sign. But she was reluctant. After some discussions, we decided that we will not park the car there, and parked the vehicle in the neighboring road where there was some decent parking available.

"Mam, you could have parked the vehicle here itself! We would have taken care", said the man in the hotel. "We teach our children to obey traffic rules and signs, and how will they obey if we don't?" bang, came the reply from the mom 'R'.

That sentence struck me hard. What a lesson to learn! A lesson for life. The children follow you, every moment of your life. And what you want them to do, you do!

Now you know the other reason why I love my cousins? They teach me life's lessons too!

No comments: