Sunday, June 22, 2014

The breaking news!

Priety Zinta has just landed in the international airport, said the "breaking news" in one of the well known news channel. I am serious! She did land in the airport. It is not an important news, it is a "Breaking news". It is supposed to break you; if you have not broken the TV by then.

"Annnddddd........ Priety is heading straight to home!" yells the TV anchor, with the camera zoning in on a car leaving the airport. So breaking it is, I decided by then to take a break! To have my sanity in tact, else I would have surely broken the TV and I'm already broke!

Alright, I understand! It is boring and confusing and totally useless reading me. That is exactly how I feel watching these news channels. Absolutely useless! I mean, what if Priety lands in the airport? I don't even care if she lands directly at her home and lands head first.

This is the quality of intellect thrown at us by the media, the so called fourth pillar of democracy! Not that the other three are strong enough but that is for another day.

I know most of the media is paid and run by the corporates; I understand they are meant to give NEWS the way their bosses want and not what happened in reality. Yes, TRP ratings are important for the survival of the channels. Yet, Preity landing in the airport can't be breaking news in this country.

There are more important stuffs happening. A new government has taken over. A new political party is trying things differently. There are 40 Indians abducted in another country. The world's largest sporting event is happening. IIT results have just come out and there are thousand other better things happening all over the place.

For sanity's sake let not the Preity's home comings become the "Breaking news"; Else, there will soon be a generation, which will only know the SRK's and the Zinta's.

And I doubt that time is not very far!



No comments: