Friday, June 6, 2014

Growing older! one year at a time.

So it is been 28 years; and never in my memory had the birthday a start like this. The close friend I stayed with for the night, forgot my birthday and played old (pre illayaraja) songs through the night, the 12:00' clock calls and the messages from the girl friends of yesteryear's reduced to one solitary call from my old aunt, an exam which I didn't want to write in the morning, an one hour bike travel in the heart of chennai traffic at 42'c, and a lonely lunch of sambhar rice! And of course, the mind occupied by the painful process of mom having to go through chemo. Of course her's was the first call in the morning, and muchly like her, broke down.

The entire last year had not been anything special either; A big failure and of course the sickness of mom and all the family changes which happened with that.

But then, birthdays are supposed to be happy days, is n't it? So will I be!

The family was there as usual! Every single one called me today, just to remind that they will be there forever, as they had been through the tough last year. And the close friends who called me; Today was no different as most of them call me daily! And the many many friends who whatsApped. Thank you.

So looking forward to a long year ahead! May be the 'M' thing might happen this year. I remember telling my dad 4 years ago, that year will be the last bachelor birthday. God! It is been 4 years of absolute bliss. Good on me that the word to dad just remained a word. Who knows, may be I will come back to this place again the same:)

So I'm looking forward to the wedding of two other friends and the travel! The challenge of the considered toughest exam on earth again; and many tours planned this year. Many many hours of ARR, the solemn quiet times I enjoy, lots and lots of reading I so love, and the seriously serious business of writing blogs! All of them, within that tiny year of 365 more days? Phew!

 Bring it on, I'm ready and waiting!

No comments: