Saturday, July 13, 2013

Living his dreams! Dhoni!

Only one more over to go; I was the last batsman standing. The other end was the one who we use for 'tail enders' definition. 15 runs to win! The bowler was the opposition's best bowler, a fierce fast bowler who had got our best batsman out! Three balls later I was thronged by the entire school. Two huge sixes and one four over the covers and I was the hero!

Suddenly I woke up; Our geography miss was at her boring best. The monsoon is just at its doorstep, and the climate is what we call 'awesome'. I looked dreamily out of our classsroom, remembering the dream that I just had. How I wish life was like that!

When Dhoni, the iceman, played that unimaginable innings my mind went back to that day when i had that dream. Dhoni lived my dream yesterday.

Dreams! what would be life without them? They always have that flair. Are never text bookish. May be that is why i never dream of playing a straight bat dravidesque defensive stroke. It has always had that "Obama calling on phone" or "ME killing a tiger with bare hands" effect to it. Life of fancies. Life that we wish we live!

I really think Dhoni dreamt like that too! May be he had a history teacher who always made him dream. He dreamt of hitting balls out of the ground. May be he dreamt of lifting the world cup; May be he dreamt of being the greatest captain of all times; May be he dreamt of playing in the same team with Sachin. And He is living them all! one by one. Every one of them!

Living life's dreams! How I wish I live mine too!



No comments: