Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A letter to the future!!!

                                  (This post was inspired by another blog! So credits to her)

Dear Son/ Daughter,

Feeling a bit odd to write this, but I want you to know the 'me' when i am writting this! May be when you are old enough to read this, I will be stressed, overworked and unbearable; Or may be cranky and cynical, or may be too sweet and softspoken like my parents are now! But believe me, Im not one of these now. So, I want you to meet 'me', at your age, or may be a slightly older version than when you first read this.

My ideas, my principles and my values are being formed now kid. I want to preserve some of them for you. Are they still relevant in your generation? I hope so! Else, just humour me. These are what i believed.

I wonder what attracts you kid? History or Chemistry? or neither. I am attracted by words. I love them when i read and write. I want you to read; and may be 'write' too. Read everything you like. Do read about your country and your family. They are both interesting. Atleast I thought so.

Do you sing? Or dance? Are you attracted by the keys of the piano or the strings of the violin? I wish you are. Learn music child. Atleast try learning them! It is ok if it just did not come to you properly. They give you a lot of peace. I am pathetic at them, but believe me, my live without music is incomplete.

Have lot of friends. Boys and girls! Go around, visit places, meet people and make friends. Debate, fight, cry but never for once stop loving them. People change as they grow. Even i did, still i am changing. But that does not and it cannot in any way justify not loving them. Stand for them, hold them and fight for them. They are going to be there for you, if you are there for them. I have a hell lot of friends and i hope by now you would have known every single one of them.

Kid, there are certain creatures called brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles. They are called family in my time. I hope your generation know them like we do. Listen, they will be the last people standing for you even if the world goes haywire. Love them all. Every single one of them. They have the same blood.

Play any game child. That will teach you life. It really did for me. Cricket, Badminton, Basketball, carrom, chess or even golf. Just play them for the love of it. Watch its greats play, imitate them or try your own style, or learn from them. I did play kid; Every game my school offered.

I wonder your grandparents will be around when you read this. But if they are, learn to smile from your grandmother. And your grandfather will have hundred things to teach you. Try them all. May be they will be too laidback and weak to tell you stories, or may be their stories are outdated, but don't let them go away without their stories. Believe me, experience has a way of teaching life.

Do you believe in God? I do! Believe in something kid; and disbelieve somethings. I honestly think the problem with this world is not that people believe in certain things but the people believe in anything. Be honest and defend to death what you believe! It is ok if the world says the opposite. Also child, listen and understand others. May be they have a point too. It is equally ok to change sides if you think they are truer than you. But write this down kid,' the person is always more important than his view points'. Never lose a person because you don't agree with him.

I want you to know that everyday is a challenge, but that everytime you walk out of the door, there will be someone waiting for you to get home to whom you can proudly display your battle wounds. There will be people who use you child, but know that, for each of these, there will be people who love you for who you are.

Never stop dreaming. Dream big kid. I do. I dream big and watch my dreams fall. Then I rise and dream big again.

There are certain 'No-No' in life child! There will be those who say try them. For heaven's sake dont do it. Life is far better when we don't do certain things

Do I sound too mature to you kid? or do i sound like a teenager? I was considered boring by some, but believe me, lot of people thought im fun too. May be we will have lot of fun together too.

Listen kid! I love you. And will Love you come what may!

Lots of luv
Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dream big and watch my dream falls.Then i rise and dream big again.
Thumbs up Anna :-)
-Sandilyan