Monday, October 23, 2017

Dear BJP! I'm Indian and a Christian.

Dear Mr. Prime minister and your party members,

I'm hurt! Deeply hurt. When everytime one of you call actor Vijay 'Joseph Vijay' just to prove his christianess and because of that his alieness to the country 'India', my blood boils. Why should somebody's religion come in to the picture at all when you are talking about a movie scene against you?

He was never ever called 'Joseph Vijay' till now. He has made a statement in a movie against GST. The statement may be false. It is a movie dammit. A figment of his imagination. He never even claims things to be true. And to fight against supposed falsehood in a movie, which in itself claims to be a fiction, you guys have to bring in the religion of the actor and inform the world that he brings in falsehood because he is from such a religion! How low can you guys stoop down to?

I'm born an Indian. A Tamilian. Brought up to love this country. Spoke Tamil at home. I'm born a Christian! Brought up in a deeply religious home. Just to give you a background of me.


And I'm as Indian as any of my school and college mates. Dare I say more Indian, since I had till now refused to go abroad to earn more money and thought of serving this country. I said no to a high paying job which could have sent me to Netherlands and from there to much greener pastures and decided to serve in a god forbidden place where you and your ilk forgot to give basic education, health care and basic infrastructure like roads and electricity.

I speak and think in my mother tongue as much as any Indian does! My constitution has allowed me to practise my religion, which I had embraced from my childhood and I'm proud of the constitution for letting me do that. My dad and my mom had refused to earn ten times as much as they have, which they so easily could have, and have served the poor for their life time.

Not once, have my friends or my colleagues treated me like a foreigner in this land. I have all along been respected for my views and nobody once had made me feel like a foreigner. Nobody. Till you came along.

Now all you and your party does is to make me look like a damn outsider living in a country. For every issue my religious identity is brought out and I'm made to feel like somebody who does not belong here.

I'm sorry BJP, but i'm worried for the future of many minorities like me in this country. I hope my country men don't fall for this bait. And let us live as normal human beings as we have all along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daniel 2:20-21 KJV
[20] Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: [21] And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: