Sunday, February 19, 2017

Letter to my dear Tamilian!

Dear Tamilian,

I'm Tamil and I am having a mixed feeling on seeing all that is happening around! A feeling of helplessness, anger, confusion and even hatred. I know a lot of you share my feeling as well.

That Sasikala cheated us by entering through the back door is hurting. Yes, really hurting. That some body who did not win an election, corrupt and in Jail could lead us by proxy is really unfortunate. Life in Tamil Nadu is not fair, I presume. Life in India is not fair, for that matter.

Friends, I think it is time, we take up the cause and fight for our right rather than trusting these morons. I, intentionally include OPS and the opposition party chief in to my categorisation of morons as well. Let us not fool ourselves again by voting for a man who bent his spine backwards for a corrupt woman or for a man whose only claim to power is his dad.

So, what do we do next? I seriously seriously don't know. I'm sorry, I'm in the same frustrating boat of not knowing what to do next.

Yet, getting that eerie feeling of doing something. Do you have that feeling as well? Cheers! Write back to me. or ping me. At least we will pull each other's brains off till we get a solution. Let there be solid discussions. Let us take this opportunity to become responsible citizens. Citizens who are more involved in the day to day polity of this country.

And one final warning, let us be wary of the men in front off and behind the camera. We worship them enough already. And let them not be rulers just because they look good on the screen. I know there are good people in that arena as well. I just wish they don't take advantage of their cinema stardom to become rulers.

We are a developed group of people, friends. Much more developed than any other state in the country. That due to some good politics, sometimes despite bad politics. We fought and won a brave fight for the cows. We withstood a furious nature and stood strong. Let this bad phase make us better people and lead us to greener pastures.

No comments: