Monday, February 6, 2017

Democracy & Sasikala!

Democracy and Sasikala? I know most of the modern generation youth acquainted with blogs will surely sneer at the title. They should not go hand in hand. I mean, they do not.

But why don't they? What is the problem? My maniacal mind is just refusing to accept the common man's verdict. I think, the democracy which gave Jayalalitha a chance in the first place, should give Sasikala a chance as well.

I understand you don't like that! Jayalalitha won elections. She was adored by the people. What has Sasikala done? Sasikala has got the mandate of the 100 odd elected representatives, which you and me elected. Of course yes, she will have to get the people's verdict within 6 months. I don't see absolutely anything wrong in that. If you don't like her being the CM, throw her out. I mean, vote her out.

I understand most of you also hate democracy. Yes, we don't get to participate enough in this model of democracy. I'm sorry, but this is the best we have! Imagine living under an autocratic Modi or Kejriwal? Democracy with all its flaws is the best we have.

Jaya was an actor! A non tamil. Arrogant. Corrupt. We gave her a chance. In fact we dared to call her 'Amma', a word I reserve for greater souls.Yes Sasikala has come to the throne through the backdoor of democracy. Yet, to get to the throne, she has to enter one more gate for which the keys are with you. If you think she is good enough, vote her. Else throw her out.

I repeat! Don't frown at democracy. For all its nonsense, that is the best we have. And don't fret at Sasikala. Throw her out.

No comments: