Saturday, February 27, 2016

Talking your way through life! Smriti Irani style!

Everybody close to me knows that I'm a loud mouth! I simply talk too much. And talking is an integral part of life especially in the Indian context. In India especially, if you can talk, you will be considered great.

BJP, the ruling party has clearly understood that I presume! Clearly they have some of the most efficient public speakers. The prime minister won the whole country single handedly by his sheer ability to talk his way through anything. And now the education minister, has learnt what it is to talk your way through problems.

And speak she did! What a speech that was. And if you can emote a little. nothing like it; The actress in her brought forward the emotion quotient and the orator she is, no doubt floored the nation.

No, no! The speech had absolutely no content. She did not talk about a master design on how the education system of this country could be changed. She did not talk about the curriculum being designed and redefined for the children of this country. She just spoke! Plain and simple.

It had nothing to do with truth! I mean, the entire speech had so many lies, but who cares? Do we even need truth to give brilliant scintillating talks? Hell, who cares about truth and honesty anyways!

So, you don't need to have content, neither do you need truth, to become successful public personalities. You just have to be a loud mouth and you can talk your way through life! And with the way things are going, you just have to be a loudmouth to be a politician!

I'm pretty sure I have it in me! To talk my way through life! Politics is waiting for me, I presume!

2 comments:

Dr Daniel said...

That was a pretty judgemental take on the Speech. I will give my reasons. It has been a long time in our country where the speeches of the leaders took any kind of impact in our lives. It was a long time the representatives connected with the people through their speeches. I don't remember a leader who was so passionate about the death of my nation's child. It was very hard to even debate about an urgent issue in the Parliament.I still remember the days the BJP wanted to discuss an issue in the Parliament but was never allowed till the end of the session. Even worse was the blame was put on the opposition for disrupting and wasting the hours. I am not a big fan of this government but I am happy that our leaders are willing to debate the most sensitive issues in front of the nation. I am happy our leaders are emotional. I am happy our leaders get angry. I am happy the enemy is scared to do a misadventure. I am glad the terrorists and naxalites are on the run. I am glad the armed forces can hold their head up high today. The days of shame, even when our brave Jawans' heads were cut off, no politician was angry. Nobody shed a tear in Parliament. No one dared to let the armed forces respond. Today the death of a common person, a student makes the nation angry. We respond. I may not accept some ideologies and philosophies of this government but I must say I am more proud to be an Indian than before. The days have gone when going to US was a thing to be proud of. The days have come when making in India is a thing of pride than of shame. History will judge this government. But to say I am an Indian living in this great nation, or even for an Indian living abroad to call himself as a citizen of this great country, there has never been a more proud moment to feel so since Independence. Jai Hind !

Anonymous said...

@sam: bro unaku politics othu varadhu da..... In politics you just have to talk nonsense... nee sense pesuna unnaiya anha gang la sethuka mattanga da....

@Daniel uncle: uncle if this is the best govt after independence as you say,( i don't completely agree with you in that) then i think our country is going nowhere. And i don't think whatever you have said above is happening uncle, it is just happening in the words of the politicians and not actually happening (in reality).
DAN