Monday, February 22, 2016

Looking out of the window!

During her last days, she was not at her cheerful best. The long late night chats and the laughter all faded away. She was just not herself!

But one day as she was looking out of the window right across the room where we were staying in the Christian Medical College Hospital, She made a comment muchly like her. Across the window, was what looked like then a conference hall/ luncheon  meeting place, where all the big shots meet over lunch.

"Yellaarum periya aalunga (All are big shots)", said my mom! I know what her simple mind was thinking. I know her all too well. She wished, her children could be seen having the luncheon's in that place. That is all she was! Such a simple human being.

And yesterday suddenly it dawned on me I'm having lunch there for the umpteenth time in the last two weeks.

Now, the conference room/luncheon/big people meeting place, which my mom thought it was, actually is, an ordinary place where anybody meet for lunch. It is just an extension of the canteen. How the reality changes when you are on the other side?

How true is the quote, 'the grass looks greener on the other side'; More so if you are looking out of the window.

Ma, I'm having lunch in that VIP hall! If you can see, I'm an VIP now too:) 

No comments: