Saturday, March 14, 2015

Underestimating our stupidity!

I know I sound snobbish. I am here to tell you exactly what the title says. Our society often ends up surprising me with the level of its stupidity. I really do mean it.

What do you say when a bride in UP walk out of the marriage podium because the groom answered "15+7 as 17";Oh! she did it. Believe me, I did my math perfectly. And I'm married!

Or you wake up in the morning to the news that a lady Member of the Legislative Assembly bit her colleague in Kerala ?Hope it was not as bad as a dog bite! Women's bites should be included in the medical books soon. Yes, men's as well

And what do you say when a member of parliament asks a community to dig up dead bodies of the women of another community and rape them? or when the government decides that killing a buffalo is better than killing a cow; or when the censor board suddenly decides using the word "Bombay" is derogatory? You call 'Bombay', 'Bombay' you are gonna be censored. It is 'Mumbai' you see!

So what if the prime minister once had said that the reason for malnourished children in Gujarat is because they are beauty conscious? Oh yes, beauty conscious children are malnourished and both are related; or what about a society which considers loving somebody from a different caste deserves death? honour killing they call it. Yes, killing is honourable!

Yes, many times I have been stupid myself. Been called useless umpteen times. I have often made the stupidest of mistakes and have a lot of times been the butt of jokes.

I'm a product of this stupid society after all. How else will I be!

No comments: