Saturday, March 28, 2015

Power corrupts!

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely was Lord Acton's famous Dictum! And Aam Aadmi party, the party with the so called difference, is proving Acton right.

Let me confess this first. I was a firm believer in the party. I sensed hope when a lot of friends around me were cynical. I thought when the good people come together, they can change the way political activity is being conducted in this country. And when the good people came together to fight the morons of politics last year, I was happy. I saw light at the end of the tunnel.

But then, power, that word 'power' does stupid things to a lot of people. And AK and other partymen do not look like exceptions.

I really don't know the inner happenings of the party. Even now I hope that sense prevails in the end and everybody who joined together in creating the party will come together again in changing a rotten system. But things does not look rosy. There is too much secrecy for comfort. Too much mud slinging in public view. And the future looks hazy.

Sirs, you were all brave in taking on a system. You had fought the corrupt and corruption even before the party was created, each in your own sphere. Many of you were hero's in your own right. You had all defeated the urge to be corrupt for a long time.But sadly when it came to fighting the lust of power you were all defeated. Each one of you. Power has won again, and that sadly is the curse of this nation.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No comments: