Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sisterhood - There is something in it!


I really wonder how my mother can give so much love to me. Love just pours out. I think mothers are made for that; just to love. Dads? I don’t know! I have one dad who has not followed rules. So, I can’t generalize. We will not get in to the controversial area of brotherhood. I am blessed with one of the best, and I am grateful. Obviously, friends are friends. There are Aunties and uncles and they add on colour to life. But, I am here to write about sisters. I want to write, don’t know why.

I obviously don’t have a sister of my own! I mean, not of the same mom; But then, I have some fabulous cousins whom I can proudly say ‘my sisters’. I was wondering how would have life been without the sister. I don’t think anything will change. The earth would have still gone around and life would have been the same; Almost the same. The word ‘almost’ does have a lot of meaning and that is how much my life has been affected by my sisters.

I talk lot! People say I am an otta vaai (Can’t keep secrets!). So, obviously I need somebody to listen to all the non sense I talk; and you know what, there cannot be a better listener than a sister. At least they act as if they listen and that I think is the greatest advantage in having a sister. Friends will put an arm around you and say “ Machan, vidra ava apadithaan! (She is like that!)”; Mom will say how can she do that to my darling son who does not know the right from the left; Best of Dads don’t reply; Brothers advice; Sisters somehow knows the best to react. They really do. If you have not tried before, try telling your sister that the girl opposite door cheated you.

I don’t talk to all my sisters often. In fact we rarely talk these days. Life is too fast for such beautiful relationships I think. But, when we talk, I know how much I love them.

I don’t find a better way to say thank you, than to sit and write about them on a boring Sunday evening. Life without them can never be the same; Never!

No comments: