Sunday, July 22, 2012

The world of children!

"Then I forgot the colour because I don't know what colour the green colour is! It has to be green, then it is not green; it is possibly red, yet it is not red; it is possibly yelllaau, it is yellaau" said my sister's son explaining the star wars. His eyes were filled with wonder! " what is there to laugh about" he admonished his mother. For him, being taped explaining star wars is a seriously serious issue. Welcome to the serious world of kids.

Then there was this 5 year old kid of one other cousin who was seriously confused on how to find his girl, just like the way his dad has found his mom, in a world so full of girls? Ha, there was this girl all of five years who asked her mom, why she is not wearing her Thaali? And yes of course, the next question followed, "what if some uncle marry you"? Jeez! Kids and their world of questions!

Did I tell you about my cousins children who comes once a year from Dubai? And did I say they jump up and down for five full minutes just at the sight of me. They just jump without their own knowledge. I mean, they are just happy, plain and simple! They run around the house and I run behind them, and it will be another half an hour before the excitement settles down. Wow! The exciting world of kids!

I was once telling a story to my favourite kid. "Little johnny got up, aaaannnndddd walked to the dooooorrrrrrr and opennnnnnedddddd the dooooorrrrrr"; His mouth wide open and his eyes filled with wonder, little O, listened with rapt attention. The wonder filled world of children!

Why was I in such a hurry to grow up? If only I had known then, the world of kids!

No comments: