Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A decade of botched dreams, yet off a dreamy reality!

Do I dream big? Well, I do! I sometimes dream too big for my own comfort. The last decade (2010 - 2019) was all about dreams. I had had big dreams fall terribly short, yet I had always got up dreaming bigger!

Ten years ago as a fearless young boy, I had quit quite a high paying job in the glitter of the IT hub with a promise of a career in Europe to work in the remotest jungles of a terror hit Assam. It was one of those decisions which I will think twice before taking it now. The fearlessness of the youth I presume! But never once do I regret. For I took a wild decision hearing a voice within, and life has never been the same again.

Then another of those wild dreams!  Did I listen to that inner voice again? They have a tendency to send me on these wild goose chases.  A decision which led me to meet incredible people; an obvious life-changing decision. Those two years made me the person I'm. It gave me a sense of belonging. It gave me life's perspectives and of course a better understanding of the world around me.

Then that day happened! That day I wish had never come, not in this decade, never in my life. The day life hit rock bottom. The day when amma was diagnosed with that dreaded disease. Well, the fight after that. Fight against the disease and in fact the fight within against sinking hope. Well, defeats do end up bitter, but I ended up better. Through that struggle and dare I say the next few years were the best of the decade. To marry a rockstar and at the same time work with a dream team, is all I could have asked for.

If you grow up in a small town, you always dream big dreams. I did too! Dreams, when they become reality, which leave you with a sense of wonder and gratitude and the last year was all about that. The year finally ending up working among the better people the world can offer.

Life in the last decade was incredibly adventurous. Took me to places I had not dreamt off. Yet life was full of botched up dreams; dreams which never really took off! As I look forward to a new decade, I look forward to living new dreams, and of course, stuff out of the syllabus of life prescribed, for those I expect and those I don't together constitute the dreaminess of it all.

Happy new decade people! 

No comments: