Tuesday, March 12, 2019

What do I stand for in life?

I'm that crazy individual whose mind just keeps pushing the body all over the place. So one day I will be all pumped up doing the gym and the next day I will be wallowing in my bed like a couch potato. One day you can see me full of passion thinking on different ways of changing the world, and the next day I will get the 'who cares what you become' attitude and just watch YouTube videos through the day.

But this question kept haunting me for a long time! What do you stand for in life? And I decided to write them down just coz the writers want to boast themselves off to the world, not only about their writing prowess but also on how their lives are wonderful.

So here am I, thinking my life out loud! Nope, writing my life out loud? rather silently.

And as I started writing this I got reminded of this voice in the background; The voice of Gregory Boyle whose organization 'homeboy industries' works among the incarcerated gangmen from the cities and bylanes of the United States of America.

He reflected on his life in the following words, and this is me wishing at the end of it all, this to be mine.

"To stand with the demonized, so that the demonizing will stop,
  To stand with the disposable, so that a day will come when we stop throwing people away,
  To stand with those whose dignity has been denied, and
  To stand with those whose burdens are more than they could bare
  To stand with the poor and the powerless,
  And the voiceless, making those voices heard"


Well, after all the showing off! I finish with this prayer in my heart. The prayer to give me a heart full of tenderness, for only a heart that ventilates tenderness for the broken world has any chance of changing it.
  

No comments: