Saturday, May 13, 2017

The irreplaceable mother!

The unforgiving timeline keeps reminding me of her! On mothers day. The irreplaceable mom!

So, in the last three years(Three years?Almost!) of her not being with us, many people have tried to play her role. And I submit this blog for them.

The dad, who had led from the front. It is tough on that man, to play the role of a woman who was poles apart and to do that despite the emotional trauma he had to go through. I bow down.

The Aunts! All five of them. Should I mention them separately here? One by one. Almost racing with each other to fill that vacuum. One has taken over the home. One has called me every week. I know for sure one prayed for me almost everyday. One bought every available gift that she thought my mom would have bought. One even tried playing the MIL to the wife.

Then the sister to whom I'm indebted. She has gone out of the way many times to be there. The person to rant to and the person who rants.

The dearest team in Dedu, who made me come out of the depression that had hit me then.

And finally, and most importantly the wifey! You can't complete her role in a sentence.

I'm thankful for every single one of them. For trying to do an impossible task. Of playing the role of a woman who was a genius. And a mother. For mothers are irreplaceable!

No comments: