Tuesday, December 20, 2016

There is something about sisterhood!

She kept her head on his shoulders! The tears kept rolling off her cheeks. His hands on her shoulders. His head touching hers. There was not a word mouthed.

Their mother was in an ICU. On life support. The doctors had given up hope. (By the time I'm writing this she is already gone). There were not many relatives to hug them. Just the two of them there.

After a few minutes of eerie silence, 'Saapidu ma', he said! And she looked up once, and then cuddled in to his shoulders again.

There was something pure and pristine there. I dared not disturb them. I sat there quietly looking at them. I felt sad for their mother, for she was not old enough to die. Sad for them, to have to lose a loving, doting mother pretty early in life. Yet I have to agree I felt envious. I wished I had that sister on whose arms I could have cuddled when I went through the similar 'losing mother' tragedy!

Oh yes, I have an irreplaceable brother. With whom I chat almost daily (Believe it or not)! I have a few cousin sisters who have been nothing short of wonderful. One whom I consider a sister not born to my mom stood by me as a pillar. Yet, I felt envious! Bad me.

She got up again! Ate a few spoons of curd rice. Enough! I am done. Cannot eat anything she said. They both got up. His hand on her shoulder. They both walked away.

I'm writing a blog on this I told myself! My crooked mind. Thinking of blogging in the most sensitive of places. Oh yes! The blog had to be on sisterhood. And how I miss having one myself.

No comments: