Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The time to be thankful!

When my cousin 'L' whatsapped me that news I was in a meeting. My hands shivered. Had goosebumps. I could hardly control my tears. Waited for the meeting to get over to immediately call her.

'R', my cousin 'L's cousin knew me for only a year. And we came to know each other in life's most difficult of circumstances. Amma was deteriorating after her diagnosis of cancer, when one fine day 'L' called me to say 'R' has been diagnozed with the same disease.I had met her only two days ago and she was hale and healthy. And suddenly this news.

I was there with her two days later in the hospital when the initial diagnostics were done. I knew it was going to be a huge battle ahead. I remember vividly hugging her and saying "We will overcome this ka"!

And overcome, she did! Magnificently. I had often met her in the ward. There was pain. Tiredness. Days when her entire future was questioned. Depression was written all over her face on many days. Yet through it all, she was confident and courageous. Never quit! Never questioned!And the family was majestic. Many times I ve been to her room just to cheer them up, only to find cheerful people already.

I had badly wanted this news. Prayed sincerely for this. And so I'm thankful for the news. Thankful for the disease which strengthened her and the family, Thankful for her strength and the courage which had encouraged me, and on top of it all thankful for the deliverance she received yesterday

No comments: