Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The inner man

Of course you lose some if you will listen to the conscience! Yes you may lose a lot of money, so what?  I can't cheat! Period, said she. It took me quite some time to comprehend that statement.

My sister, the person who has the strongest conscience I know off called me. Her conscience had pricked her so much that her voice choked. No, she had not murdered anybody. She as a doctor went to a hospital as a consultant, where an extra procedure which might have cost the patient extra was done.

She went straight to the church, put all the money that was paid to her in to the box there, told the hospital that she was not coming anymore and cried all the way back home.

This on the same day when three Indian political parties were bickering over a single Rajya Sabha seat. The discussions were on buying MPs! And on the same day, the Australian cricket captain and the so called leadership team decided to manipulate the rules of the game to win!

Is the conscience disturbingly loud for few and does not even talk for others? In that case, is there a way to keep the conscience loud?

I knocked on my conscience! Are you that loud too, I asked him! When was the last time you listened to me? he mocked. You don't keep listening to me, my voice gets drowned in the cacophony out there. said the conscience. But....but....I do hear your voice often! I replied feebly. Well, you don't listen. You hear me! came the reply.

Are we listening to the inner voice people?The voice called conscience. If not, may be his/her voice is slowly drowning out and may be one day he/she will stop talking! And if we don't hear the 'Don't do it" voice clearly the downfall may be steep! As the Australian leadership team is finding out now.

Listen! Don't just hear! 

No comments: