Sunday, December 24, 2017

Tamil Nadu and the election drama conundrum!

I'm sorry Tamil Nadu, I'm sometimes embarrassed by your choice!

You have always confused me Tamil Nadu. Where do we even start to explain today's TTV win? I mean, I understand he paid a lot of money. But are you so honest that you will vote honestly only to one who paid the highest amount of money? Everybody paid money. Didn't they all?

Here is a man who was just a few months ago admonished by none other than the election commission themselves for bribing voters. He comes from the family who is famously called "The Mannargudi Mafia". "Mafia", is their pet name anyway. And how do we understand voting for a mafia?

Yes we have always supported a corrupt Jaya. But she had the charisma not many had and so you voted for her. Oh yes, Karunaanithi for all his allegations and the family problems was among the pioneers of the Dravidian movement and so you voted him for a long time.

Is lack of choice one major reason for going ahead with TTV? May be you didn't like going ahead with the EPS-OPS faction, but why not DMK? The more logical option. I understand you don't like the colour orange, but why not Seeman? That man has been shouting from rooftops for a long time.

Am I missing something here TN? Did TTV have a personality which I din't see. A Charisma which is making you select him even with his tainted image, which I could not see? May be so TN; May be so!

But to be honest, I think I'm a little embarrassed at your selection. For if you elect a clown you always expect a circus and so if you elect a known criminal you should know what to expect.

No comments: