Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Did I take her for granted?

Ma, where is my socks? Ma, I'm hungry! Ma, why did you not iron my shirt? Ma, why can't you make some chicken today!

My theatrics on her had no end. Yet, she was always there. Every single time. And with a smile which had no reason but love. The food was there on the table morning, afternoon and night. The clothes wherever we threw, went back to their places as if they had legs. The house looked clean. Crystal clean.

We called her every time the ball hits a patient to rescue us when we played cricket in the hospital premises. Every time I felt bored or had to make a long walk, always called her to wile away time. Every time a friend came home, there was food. And friends of mine came in plenty. And she never said no!

Whenever I came home the favorite cauliflower was made; The parottas were bought. Every time I had to wake up early morning she was always the alarm clock and she never ever refused. And every time I slept till 8 clock in the morning, she always said leave him, he is tired!

May be that is why I took her for granted. Was never thankful for what she was. Was never grateful for all that she did to me.

Now, when I have to make my own dosas, make my own shelf, and go back searching for the clothes, I realize how much I had taken her for granted.

And thankful and grateful I feel today for that precious life, which just lived for us!

No comments: