Sunday, October 20, 2013

In tough times!

It was last Wednesday when that deadly news came. The biggest tragedy my life has seen since it originated. Shook me, it did. Well, life's realities are some times bitter. But then, in the darkest of nights the lights shine bright. And the last few days have been days like that. It is dark and gloomy, but small lights, lights showing the next few steps have been ever present. There is HIS magnificent Grace which I will have to write about here someday; But today I want to write about one other light which is keeping us going, through these tough times.

Friendships! Often been taken for granted; In these dark ages the saying goes, that friends come and go with the wind. When the wind is not blowing and the dark days are showing its face, it is often said the friends will no longer be seen. I don't believe it anymore. Exceptions are there, but they are only exceptions.

The friends have kept us going. The phone calls, the innumerable messages, the prayers, the visits have been humbling. Overwhelming would be a better word. A friend booked me tickets, a friend put me on to the plane, another picked me up in the airport, one cried with me, one stayed with us, one cooked for us, and the list is big. Mine, My brothers, my fathers, my moms, my aunts, my uncles, my sisters and it goes on.

Of course family has been the back bone. The extended family has been amazing. And so for me there is no difference between the family and the friends. It has been one big entity. One big family.

Thank you all people. You all have kept us going. Thank you so much

1 comment:

Samuel Harris said...

I'm very happy to see this note. It clearly shows that god's at work. May your refined thinking bring him praises in the day to come. Im sure God's in full control of each one of us, esp. now with our nicest Dr.