Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What my children will miss!!!

Well, I am not thinking about children now itself! So, please! Leave me for a few more years of freedom. Just had a thought of what the next generation children will miss in this world. Of course, there are hell lot of things they will miss, right from the gully cricket to the innocence of the childhood (Believe me, i was innocent as well). But, something else the modern generation children will miss, and that for sure will hurt them is the entire concept of cousins.

Believe me, or ask anybody who have had fabulous cousins about this wonderful relationship and they will have wonderful stories to tell. As brothers and sisters, they were the real reason we were looking for the holiday season to go to grandpa's homes. Oh, what times those. They were the first people we learnt to play pranks on, they were the first to hold your hands and take you out(Specially if you have elder sisters), they were the first to listen to your stories, first to defend you in front of friends, first to give their shoulders to cry on and my list goes on......As i grew up, they became my close friends. Some body whom i can call and say, God! dad is crazy these days!

The modern generation have very few cousins in the first place, and most of them sadly end up in the two extremes of the world. For sure, they will miss those loving presence, which had tolerated all my non sense and to top it all still tolerates them.

Of course, they are my own blood; my own brothers and sisters........none could replace them.

No comments: