Monday, July 3, 2017

United we stand! Divided we fall!

It was hot! The signal went red. I was one among the 100s who stood under the scorching sun waiting for the signal to go green. All eyes were on the signal.

I was cursing the gods when suddenly I heard this blare. A politician speaking her hearts out. As if life is not already bad enough, I listened to her shout on top of her voice.

"Hindus, we have to be united! If one of us is touched, we should all join hands. Nobody should dare touch us. If a muslim is killed, they all gather together. But if a Hindu is killed, nobody comes up together."

I have to agree, I have heard far worse speeches.By every religious entity.  But, this voice lingered on! I went to see my sick sister later that night, but those words kept ringing in my mind.

What audacity? Inciting violence openly! Why should we speak on behalf of our religion in the first place? Anybody being killed is bad. PERIOD. Irrespective of colour, creed, caste, religion! We all should join hands to prevent any killing. ANY KILLING! Not a Hindu, or a Christian or a Muslim being killed.

Dear friends, the politicos are dividing you! They need your vote. They don't care one hoot about you for anything other than your vote. They divide us, on  the basis of every nonsense possible to get our vote. The moment we listen to them, you lose. They win!

Join hands to protest killings. Killing of the Aqlaqs, the Auditor Ramesh's and the Immanuel's. Every Killing. Every Murder. Every lynching. Each life is equally important. One more life dead, is one more black mark on this already dark country. And so Join hands together.

For United we stand! Divided we fall!

No comments: