Monday, August 11, 2014

Mom's last major decision!

Mom's last major decision happened on her death bed. When she was in pain and on morphine. When the cancer cells were slowly writhing through her body.

It was about 'me' of course. It had to be! And that ended up as the biggest decision and obviously the best decision she has taken on my life.

When she said the 'yes' with her famous smile; I knew this was the girl, who will be my wife and best friend in the years to come!

Yes people, Jessie Daniel became my fiancee officially in a grand engagement ceremony in Karigiri, Vellore.

Mom was not there; Though the dates were fixed for her,with the hope that may be she will make it, she could not make it. But then, I could see her everywhere. All over the place. Running around. Greeting people. Making arrangements. And kissing me, and her new found daughter. She would have been an awesome mother in law, believe me. Then, life is such!

Jessie, became the Darling of the family yesterday. And will always be.

It sure was a major decision! It had to be her decision. And as usual it was a brilliant one.

Jessie, is a beautiful soul!

2 comments:

Amy and Arpit Mathew said...

Congratulations Samuel. And this was a beautiful post. May God bless you both in your life together.

Unknown said...

Sam, both of look perfect match. God bless you and all blessings of a bright future. That lady is very lucky to have Sam.