Friday, June 27, 2014

Some times it is better to just 'Shut up'!

I understand, Silence has a sound. And sometimes it is deafening. When the former prime minister kept mum on so many things, I hoped he came out and talked. I really wished he was more communicative. May be that cost him and his party the elections. His silence was indeed deafening and some times was irritating too.

And the present is the eternal loud mouth. He had a way with words, and everybody seemed to like it. Personally though I wished he talked less, I also appreciated his ability to attract the masses. They all loved him and his ability to talk.

When the present HRD minister kept mum on one of the biggest controversies to have affected Indian higher education system, I thought she was being foolish! I wanted her to open out. Then the unassuming law minister kept his mouth shut when the storm over the appointment of the supreme court Judge was raging. Again, my mind said "Talk please!" That is why we voted for you.

And then, the health minister decided to talk. On anything and everything, including sex education (Is it taboo to even write about it?) and yoga. Only after he started to talk I realize the value of being silent. Being mum! or as the famous American TV series 'To shut up and sit down'!

I mean, why on hell do one has to talk so much on things which he has no idea on? Like Alia Bhatt talking on FIFA? Or my gynecologist mom talking about steel manufacturing? Baba Ramdev talking about good governance? I mean, why can't we just keep quite and watch the world? Just watching the world is an art! Believe me.

Silence definitely had an irritation attached to it! But, some times, No! Most of the times, I am increasingly beginning to realize that silence is indeed golden. Much better than the noisy rubbish which comes from the loud mouths. I only hope the people who has the micro phones understand. The less said, the better. And nothing said, is the best.

Am I audible?

P.S : That is why I blog! It does not produce a sound.


No comments: