Thursday, May 16, 2024

Two years of Love!

'Appa, Valikithu' (It is painful) little K complained. "Where is it paining", I asked him and kissed his foot, the part of his body where the pain emanated from, according to him. He showed his right leg and then his left. After getting kisses on both his legs, he showed his hands. One by one. "Inga valikithu" (It is paining here) he told me. He got kissed on every part of his body. I kissed his every part. He got love. I loved! 

For a hardcore unemotional logician like me, this is new. This is a different feeling! 

Love and Marriage did happen to me. The wife showered love like there is only me on this planet earth. I did feel special; The love had developed into a bond of friendship built on mutual respect. 

I can hardly write about love without mentioning the mom. She just bled love! The extended family has shown love, pure and pristine at various stages of life. 

But nothing had me prepared for the tingly feeling of the melting heart when little 'K' sees me and runs to me and jumps on me. 

'Appa, yennaachi' (What happened)? he asked me! I had just sprained my neck and had shouted a loud arghhh. "I have a pain in my neck", I told K. "Kaluthaa?" (Is it the neck?), he asked me again. I replied in the affirmative. He kissed my neck. 

Ah, that feeling again! The feeling of the melting heart. 

Today 'K' turns 2! Two years. Time has just flown by.

We didn't plan massive elaborate celebrations. In the quiet corner of my room, I closed my eyes and said a prayer. 

I prayed that the love of his heart, and the tingly feeling of mine will be a constant companion of our lives. 

Happy Birthday my little Munchkin

No comments: